Saturday, January 17, 2009

A New Kind of Happy

This is better than building a snowman...

better than having a big red balloon...

better than a triple decker waffle cone...

better than warm fire places...

better than side walk chalk...

better than finding money...

better than sneezing...

better than jumping in puddles and dancing in the rain...

We're having a baby!!


I've been getting a lot of requests to post about baby, which is understandable. (me=worst blogger ever right now) In my defence, how can I have time to think about blogging when my days are entirely consumed with watching One Tree Hill, Gilmore Girls, and lazily sleeping on the couch? There is no time I tell you. There isn't any.


Along with my classic TV drama obsession and life sucking nap time, I manage to slip in two jobs, 16 credits, and intermediate puking. All of this and life is just about better than ever.


We had our second baby appointment a few days ago and had an ultrasound in December. In December baby had graduated from gummy bear to Cinnamon Bear. Much to my surprise, babies can move that early (news to me) and was dancing back and forth (and how could it not be considering it had been in three dance classes every day from day one?). Very advanced. We're calling Oprah. The second doctors appointment was a little less then helpful. I passed out twice last week but apparently its "normal". My doctor rocks 99% of the time. I hate 1%.


To answer the questions everyone usually wants to know:


1. I am due July 12 (and no, I am not going to have a 4th of July baby or a Pioneer day baby...that's just mean.)
2. Mikey is SURE it's a girl but we don't find out until February 26th.
3. I am 15 weeks.
4. I have been sick but more importantly now have an addiction to unisom.
5. As for baby names if it's a boy we really like Jack. If it's a girl it depends on the day.
6. No. I am not dropping out of school. I will keep going every semester including summer semester. Baby is due the week before finals so I will have baby and then go back and take my tests. I have three semesters after the baby is due and I have to take at least 14 credits to keep my scholarship.


Bottom line: we are so excited!

8 comments:

Kelsey said...

I'm so excited for you! Congratulations!


PS i'm with you on the One Tree Hill thing...

k.young said...

YAY! I am so excited that you posted. You better put up belly pictures, when you get one. I hope you start feeling better. You are gonna be an adorable mom.
I love One Tree Hill, too.

Ben and Camille said...

SO freaking excited for you two. I can totally see a girl too. Can't wait to find out! Good luck girl.

Camille said...

Yeah!! My mom spilled the beans a while back, so I've been waiting for you to post. I'm so excited for you guys! Promise you'll post lots of pictures of the baby!

C & S said...

haha, mckenzie you are sooo funny, and have a good attitude about everything. Including the 16 credits and two jobs. You're amazing keep up the good work! baby's going to be soooo cute!

Yo Momma Lindsey said...

You are having a baby???? jk. Can't wait to see my sweet baby in person!!

Anna said...

Aww...I love your little poem at the top. It just melts my little heart.

Joci said...

Mckenzie! Congrats! It's totally awesome! Can't wait to see your "bump!"